REVIEW: THE CONNECTOR CAFE

July 20, 2015

You know those days when you're just feeling brunch? My fellow brunch enthusiasts out there would answer this question "Yes, every day." If it was possible, I would make it every day. However, today was one of those lucky days. 

Don't get me wrong, I love good a good ol' bacon and pancakes brunch, however, I came across a place in Lowell on Foursquare called the "Connector Cafe" that prides themselves on their paleo menu. I never thought I'd have the chance to enjoy a paleo brunch outside of LA or somewhere trendy like that. I never expected it to come out of the Merrimack Valley, but I'm pleasantly surprised.



The cafe has two menus: a regular lunch and breakfast menu and a paleo lunch and breakfast menu. The non-paleo menu hails eggs with many different mat choices (steak, sausage, kielbasa), omelets, corned beef hash, home fries, toast, and more. Egg whites are also available. They also serve pancakes, french toast, and waffles topped with fresh fruit. The lunch menu has wraps and subs, paninis, burgers, clubs, and salads. 

The explanation of the paleo menu wraps up the paleo state of mind well:

 The Paleo diet is not a diet per se, but a decision to follow a healthier lifestyle. The diet includes meats, vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds and olive oil.  It excludes processed foods, grains, dairy, legumes, refined sugars and processed oils.

Another cool note about the paleo menu is that the dishes are named after CrossFit workouts. The menu includes omelets with veggies in them with a side of sweet potato hash and sliced tomatoes, steak with peppers and onions, Eggs Benedict, and power muffins.


This is the grilled orange cranberry paleo muffin my mother got. All of their paleo muffins are made with almond flour, coconut, eggs, banana, pumpkin, carrots, zucchini, and whatever the flavor is.


This is my paleo Eggs Benedict. It includes two poached eggs with paleo hollandaise sauce over two broccoli cakes, smoked salmon and sweet potato hash. My first reaction was that this dish is very spicy. However, I am the biggest spice wimp there is. I looked at it as a way to build up my tolerance. The sweet potato has had a bit of spice to it, however the sweetness mellowed it out and made for an interesting flavor profile. The broccoli cakes had SOMETHING in them - maybe chili power, maybe Sriracha - I wouldn't know. However, the hollandaise and eggs helped balance that out. 

If you're in the area and want to switch up your normal breakfast routine, I would check out the Connector Cafe in Lowell, MA!







Never miss a tweet:
Twitter
Facebook
Bloglovin
Instagram
Pinterest
Sign up for my E-MAIL alerts!

You Might Also Like

0 comments