REVIEW: PURGO TEATOX REVIEW

July 12, 2015

Last summer, I partook in my first teatox, the ever-famous "Skinny Me Tea" teatox. It was around this time. My reasoning for it this year was to cleanse myself from the dining hall food from the school year. Also, it was to kickstart the fat-burning summer. I did it this year for the same reasons. However, I tried a different teatox this year: Purgo.



Purgo TeaTox was created after its founder developed "leaky gut disorder" after years of bad eating and sleeping habits. He was burning the candle at both ends, and was unknowingly, simultaneously burning a hole in his intestine. He felt weak, tired, and helpless. Like many others, traditional medicine let him down and he turned to hollistic medicine. That's what lead him to make these herbal teas!

Before I ever did a teatoxes, I had only heard of the potent powers of herbal teas. When it comes to food and drugs, I definitely follow the "closest to nature" rule. The less the amount of artificial ingredients, the better. The less preservatives, the better. Therefore, I naturally believe in natural remedies and food, and believe in the healing powers of herbs. Ben teamed up with Chinese herbal medicine wiz's and came out with a potent blend of herbs he is proud to present in this teatox. 


Here are the ingredients:
Morning Detox Tea: Sencha, Dandelion, Lemon Grass, Goji Berry, Hibiscus, Chamomile Flower, Acai Powder, and Ginseng Root.  
Evening Cleanse Tea: Locust Plant, Sencha, Key Lime, Lotus Leaf, Cassia Seed, Pu'erh, Oolong, and Chamomile Flower.  

When I read this list, I recognize dmany things I like to eat and add to my meals: goji berries, chamomile, hibiscus, key lime, acai, and ginseng. I know these are powerful antioxidants and cleansers, so I couldn't wait to see what they could do.

The regimen is similar to other detoxes: a looselfead tea drank for 14 or 28 days, with  a morning cleanse every morning and an evening cleanse every night.



One of my first observations about this cleanse was a pleasant one - the acai powder turns your morning tea a pinkish red! It actually made my morning. It reminded me of berry hibiscus teas I've had at panera and such. Technically, with the goji berries and the hibiscus, this is a berry hibiscus tea.

I also enjoyed the taste of the evening cleanse tea much more than I enjoyed the SMT evening cleanse taste. Flowers were used in both, however the taste of the flower was covered up by the lighter fragrances and flavors in this tea, perhaps the key lime. It's also s mind over matter situation of sorts. If you don't know the purpose of the evening cleanse - you'll find out in the morning. I might have associated what the tea does to me with how it tastes last year. This year, the taste didn't affect me in a negative way.


This teatox was also very effective! I noticed physical effects on the outside and inside. My schedule this summer between my internship, my job, and half marathon training is hectic to say the least. There's a lot of early morning and coffee involved. Before I started this detox, I felt tired most of the day, and my thoughts turned negative by the end of the day. However, by the end of the detox, I felt a lot better!

I now have a renewed energy at both my internship, job, and running. I also suffer from many digestion issues, and this helped me as much as any probiotic I've ever taken.

I WOULD recommend this tea! I have enough for another week or two, so maybe I'll do a post-summer pre-school detox. 

Here's all the info on how to order and contact PURGO:








Never miss a tweet:
Twitter
Facebook
Bloglovin
Instagram
Pinterest
Sign up for my E-MAIL alerts!

You Might Also Like

0 comments