REVIEW: LIFE ALIVE

June 23, 2015

I'm going to lightly call this a review, because I know it's all going to be good stuff. I can't believe I haven't done this yet! 



"Life Alive" is  a vegan-friendly, hip, clean, and most importantly zen fast-casual restaurant in Massachusetts. There are three locations: Lowell, Cambridge, and Salem. Luckily enough, there is a life alive in where I live at school (Salem), and where I live at home (Lowell). I'm not sure about the other locations, but the location in Lowell has the whole Merrimack Valley area abuzz, and has for a while. I've been regularly eating there for about four years now, and I wasn't even an innovator.

People I know from my area talk about this deliciously nutrient-rich food just as endearingly as they do about a Doritos Locos Taco or a Whopper. They crave it. What do they put in their flaxseed sprinkles? Crack?

What's great about this establishment is that they promote a healthy, green, zen lifestyle in a warm, welcoming way. Free water in mason jars, herbal supplements for sale, and a bathroom that could be confused for a mediation garden are just a few examples. It's all about the decor. They also have a community bulletin board to ensure a sense of community. They also have live, local music as well.



So, what are some examples of the delicious, nutrient-dense food they serve? They serve filling bowls, wraps, salads, smoothies, coffee, tea, and more. Bowls are based on brown rice or udon noodles and are filled with veggies, nuts, cheese, and more and can be topped with add-ons such as hummus, avocado, flax oil, goji berries, granola, etc.



I usually get "the innocent", that is brown rice, corn, carrots, broccoli, and  tamari almonds, quinoa topped with a Ginger Nama Shoyu sauce. I get it alongside the "Elvis Alive" smoothie that includes peanut butter, raw cacao, banana, coconut-based ice cream, and rice milk.

I always go to Life Alive if I want an easy to love healthful meal, and don't feel like making one. Chain restaurants make eating healthy so hard, but Life Alive makes it so easy. It's also just a great place to sit and do some work. Good vibes all around.

Have you ever eaten at a Life Alive?
What's your favorite vegan restaurant or dish?




Never miss a tweet:
Twitter
Facebook
Bloglovin
Instagram
Pinterest
Sign up for my E-MAIL alerts!

You Might Also Like

0 comments