REVIEW: BOSTON CALLING MUSIC FESTIVAL DAY 1

May 25, 2014

I believe that nothing in this life is just a coincidence. In this post I will explain an example in my life that proves this, I'm writing this on a flight to Florida, my family and i are taking a vacation in gorgeous Key West this week. (Well, I hear it's gorgeous.) If you guessed that I'm running on little to no sleep, and hat I had a very stressful and early morning, you guessed right. However, I couldn't be happier right now.

The spring lineup for Boston Calling seems amazing, and I was so bummed about not going to see all of it. At first, I was so bummed about missing Bastille, Brand New, The Neighbourhood, the Head and the Heart, and more because of me being in Florida this weekend, but I may have discovered a favorite new artist of mine! So, my friend Ashley and I opted to just buy tickets for Friday night, where Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, and Jack Johnson were playing.



At first I was less than thrilled, only knowing a few key Edward Sharpe songs and even fewer Jack Johnson songs. I also wasn't excited to have a late night followed by an early morning.

However right when you least expect it, life surprised you. Experiencing a concert in City Hall Plaza on a cool spring evening in my favorite city was just what I needed.

The set was so cool, with the big city hall steps, Coachella-esque stages, and the city lights. The crowd for the most part was chill, and the hilarious drunk people around us was enough entertainment for me. 



But the music was the highlight! I like to listen to loud music on occasion, but I'm also a huge fan of folk. Tonight gave me a bigger appreciation for folk. The swaying crowd of shoulder sitters, singalongs, and flower crowns put me in a trance. Side note, I DID have the best and biggest flower crown there. 

I'm also kicking myself for not listening to Jack Johnson! Just like a drunk girl exclaimed behind me, his music makes me so happy. I know that he's going to be my most abused iTunes Radio station. 

Until the fall, Boston Calling.

Oh, in case you were wondering, here's the fall lineup:


You Might Also Like

0 comments