LIFESTYLE: PRESTO PESTO

May 21, 2014

Ah, I've missed doing recipes. Between me living in a dorm and being busy, I haven't really had time to do one! I apologize. However, between Mother's Day, and my mother's birthday on Saturday, May 17, two appliances have recently been brought into the house. Both were gifts from me, to my mother.

They're both Hamilton Beach. One is a high-powered blender, and the other is a food processor. Now, I can make all of the smoothie, cauliflower pizzas, clean ice cream, and cookie dough bites I want! Also, that means I can share all of the recipes with you!

One of my favorite sauces recently is a pesto. At first, it may sound and look unappealing, but it is earthy and warm, a tad spicy and overall delectable! My mother picked up some ingredients at Trader Joes today while I was at work, and when I came home we got cookin'!

Here is the recipe for our Italian Pesto Chicken dinner. You can use these ideas on how to serve it, or just use the pesto recipe if you'd like!

Nikki and Karen's Italian Pesto Chicken

Chicken:
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • salt and pepper
  • Goya seasoning

Pesto:
  • 1 cup pine nuts
  • 1/2 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Basil
  • Parsley
  • Parmesan Cheese

Vegetables:
  • Snow Peas
  • Asparagus
  • Mushrooms
  • Onions
Cooking:
We grilled on our outdoor grill, but a stove top can do the trick. Grill the chicken until there's no more pink, and make sure you rub it with salt, pepper, and Goya for the perfect taste. It was a bit sweet and spicy.
For the vegetables, we grilled them in a pan with goat cheese until fully cooked.

Pesto:
As for the Pesto, it couldn't have been easier! Just combine the pine nuts, oil, herbs, and cheese in the bowl of a food processor (or blender), and process until it's the consistency you'd like.

Voila! If I were you, I'd make extra pesto for next-day use. Boil up some whole grain pasta or spaghetti squash and use it on that!

Even better idea: clean chicken parmesan. Use the same recipe for the chicken, but melt some mozzarella cheese over the pesto. My mouth is already watering! Then, you use the leftover pesto on either the spaghetti squash or whole grain pasta. I'm a genius, I know, I've been told.

Thank you guys so much for reading! If you try this recipe out, put it on instagram and tag me, @n_vergak, or on twitter do the same!


You Might Also Like

0 comments