"THE BEST EVER" - My Favorite Pasta Dish

January 21, 2015

You may or may not be familiar with the new show on Food Network called "The Best Thing I Ever Ate." Each show is focused on a different category, or food, and famous TV chefs such as Ann Burrell, Guy Fieri, Bobby Flay, and Michael Symon are surveyed about the best food of that category that they've had. Each chef goes into detail about where the dish is made, and how it's made so that it's the best they've ever had. 

Today, I was eating at my favorite restaurant, the Tuscan Kitchen, and I was eating my favorite dish. Are you ever consuming something - food, music, movies - and you think, "Wow, this is my favorite. If somebody asks me what my favorite "whatever" is, this will be my answer." I always get excited when I have that thought, because I feel like I always have a problem picking favorite things.
So, I decided that Tuscans was my new favorite restaurant. It's an artisan Italian eatery where everything, down to the pasta, is made fresh on site. Italian focaccia, limoncello tiramusu, honey glazed salmon, and fresh gnocchi. Can I just go back already? If you're around, there's two locations: Burlington, MA and Salem, NH.

So, I figured why not play pretend that I'm a professional chef or foodie. If I had a spot on the "Best Thing I Ever Ate" panel, this is what I would say about my favorite pasta dish: the Tuscan Kitchen Cappellacci Salad.

"It's like my two favorite things combined - desert and pizza. Cinnamon butternut squash stuffed in a handmade cappellacci. It's the perfect chewy consistency. It's sweet and savory. It's heavenly. 

These little pillows of pasta can be served as a dish itself or on a salad. The salad over spring green includes: Pan Seared Butternut Squash Cappellacci, Caramelized Seasonal Fruit, Spiced Walnuts, Goat Cheese over mixed greens. I like the salad as a healthier option."

If I was a famous foodie, that's what I'd say about the dish, plus the behind-the-scenes shots in the restaurant kitchen (Guy Fieri style). Here's what my family and I ate at the restaurant: 

My mother and I split the cappellacci salad for an appetizer.


I got a roasted rosemary half chicken with butternut squash, and spinach with walnuts and pancetta.


My mother got cod over a risotto and a walnut misto.


My dad went hard, not home. He a pizza with beef meatballs, roasted chicken, ricotta cheese, and onions.

What's the best dish you've ever eaten?

Never miss a tweet:



You Might Also Like

0 comments