LIFESTYLE: CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD

September 09, 2014

I have to admit... I didn't come up with this recipe. However, I tried it for myself from my girls at Tone It Up and I am OBSESSED! You read it right, yes, CHOCOLATE zucchini bread. This bread came out sooo crispy on the outside and sooo moist on the inside. It's flavorful, filling, and healthful. 

Zucchini has more potassium than a banana. Therefore, it's great for refueling after a workout. According to the TIU girls, zucchini is "Rich in fiber & antioxidants, potassium, manganese, Vitamin A & Vitamin C." And, there's chocolate. I made this for myself to bring back to school for when I get snacky after a long day. What other reason do you need to make this? Let's get crackin'!



Ingredients:
  • 4 cups almond flower
  • 1 cup grated zucchini
  • 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup EVOO
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1.5 tbsp baking soda
  • 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 packet Perfect Fit protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
Before I started baking, I asked Jackie if she wanted to help and this was my answer. She must've been too pooped from her morning at the dog park!



First, preheat the oven to 350. My next order of business  was to grate the zucchini. First, I cut both ends off and wash the zucchini. Then sliced it into smaller pieces before putting it in the food processor. Then, grated the zucchini either in a food processor or with a cheese grater. With the food processor, it should make a pesto type of consistency (that's what makes the bread so moist).


Then, I mixed my wet ingredients in a small bowl, and my dry ingredients in a big one. I then combined the wet with the dry, then added the zucchini and the chocolate chips after the wet and dry were mixed. 


Pour your batter into a well-greased pan, bake for 35-40 minutes, and enjoy!



I seriously can't get enough of this stuff! I strongly recommend you make this and comment below what you thought! Who knew chocolate and zucchini would be a match made in heaven?




Never miss a tweet:
Twitter
Facebook
Bloglovin
Instagram
Pinterest






You Might Also Like

0 comments