Lifestyle: Blueberry Banana Meal Smoothie!

June 03, 2013

I don't know about you, but summer is a motivation for me to eat clean! The warm sun is motivation for me to be more active, and beach weather makes me aspire to have a body that's beach ready. Eating clean has become a lifestyle for me, and it should be for you too! The key is to make it  a lifestyle though, not a routine.  Routine can ruin the wonder of everything. That's the key to it: don't just eat salads every day, switch it up with different recipes. Here's one that'll be sure to be a new favorite!

BLUEBERRY BANANA MEAL SMOOTHIE
When I wake up, especially on slow summer mornings, my favorite thing to do is run. This may come from going to cross country summer practices at 7 am three times a week in high school, or early track and cross country meets, but running first thing is the best way to wake you up. Way more effective than an iced coffee! The dew is fresh on the grass, and  the world is just waking up. You're also not tired from the rest of your day. You should feel great when you get back, because you already got a great work out in, and are on an endorphin rush that should leave you energized for the rest of the day.

How about a post-workout pick me up? I like to eat greek yogurt with bananas, however what if I blended them together for a meal-replacing smoothie? Genius!



Ingredients:
  • 1 cup ice
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup to 1 1/2 cup (or just a serving) of vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1/3 cup almond milk if needed

That's all you need! And guaranteed, it's going to be ten times more delicious than chocolate chip pancakes and bacon, I promise!



Hint: summer is the best season for blueberries! :)


How to:

It's simple enough, just put all of your ingredients in the blender and blend until it's at the consistency you'd like! I'd advise doing it first without the almond milk, then adding some if it needs to be loosened up. Tip: Crushed ice works best to avoid ice chunks!



Doesn't it looks delectable! It's the perfect post-work out treat. If you want to sit and enjoy, maybe top it off with some low-fat granola to add the illusion of a parfait. Enjoy it as you watch the Today Show or put it in a portable cup and take it with you on the go! It'll satisfy you until lunch. Eat clean!

You Might Also Like

0 comments