OOTD: Transitioning into Spring!

April 06, 2013

The first few weeks are an awkward transition - it's somewhat warm and sunny but the polar winds are lingering like a clingy ex. The weather seems to be bipolar, so that makes our clothes bipolar as well. Short sleeves or tanks with long sleeves, and sweaters with shorts. Personally, I think it's a fun way to re-work your winter pieces and slowly start breaking out our new spring finds! My outfit of today is a perfect example of this.

This winter i'd been stuck in a black and deers blood funk, however I must admit I'm not exactly ready to let go of my black and spikes yet. I've paired it with coral  - a huge spring color to transition!
OUTFIT: I couldn't wait to rock this black crop top from PLNDR. It's light, somewhat see-through (I'm wearing a black bandeau under), and actually has a hi-lo effect to it. I paired it with my coral skinnies from TJ Maxx ($17), however these are actually American Eagle jeans. I'm wearing my favorite black studded-toe shoes from Aldo ($21).
ACCESSORIES: The first bracelet you see is my new score from PacSun! ($5.90) It's studded however is coral and gold, so it's soft and edgy simultaneously. I round out my arm candy with one of my favorite bracelets from a boutique and my birthstone Alex and Ani. My necklace is my grandmother's.
Hair: Simple. Sock bun and a pink hair tie. A head wrap would go even better with this look   - I still need to find myself one!

I'm not wearing any makeup because it's the last night of the musical tonight and I'm saving my face for the immense amount foundatin, eyeliner, and lipstick that will be caked on later. Look for a  "show makeup routine" video on my channel later by my friend Ashley and I. Break a leg!

You Might Also Like

0 comments