LIFESTYLE: Food For Thought for Your New Years Resolutions!

December 30, 2012


It's that time of year where everyone is nervously contemplating their New Years resolution. Whether it's a new mindset or a weight loss goal - there's a negative stigma that comes up with a goal for self-improvement. Is it the fear of failure? Why is it that New Years resolutions are fun to make but so hard to keep?

I thought I'd write this little blurb up to provide some inspiration in making your Resolutions. Since this is a half lifestyle blog - it'll mostly be geared to weight loss however you can apply these rules to any goal you wish to achieve.

  • 1. Make your goal realistic. Know what you're capable of. I'm not suggesting to aim low, obviously, but don't say you're going to lose a crazy mount of weight unless you know you physically can. Weight loss is NOT firstly about looking good, it's about FEELING good - being healthy. 
  • 2. Have your endgame in mind, however make your initial goal a benchmark. For example, if you want to lose 40 pounds, don't be obsessed with that number. Think, "I'd love to lose 5 pounds in the next two weeks." So, while you're working hard in the gym, think of that closer, more realistic goal and you'll feel so much better when you accomplish it. Even better, it will feel great when you achieve your final goal; you'll be thinking of all the hard work it took to get there. Every lap in a mile is its own battle. To sound cliche, Rome wasn't built in a day!
  • 3. Keep this in mind: It takes two weeks of hard work  to notice a change in your own body, 4-6weeks for friends and people close to you to notice, and 8 weeks for strangers to notice! All that hard work WILL pay off!
  • 4. To be honest, when I dropped 30 or so pounds this year that was NOT my resolution. I don't know where my inspiration came from, I just wanted a change I could be proud of. Resolutions are nice guidelines, but they don't have to be the end all be all.
That's why my resolution is so vague. I keep my goals close to my heart, and my visions on my sleeve. My resolution is in the versgram (follow my instagram, n_vergak), above. It's "Don't let anyone get in the way of your happiness. Strive for more, achieve more." I feel like 2012 was one of the best years because I stopped living for other people's happiness and cultivated my own. With any goal you want to achieve this year, keep in mind that you're doing it for YOUR own happiness. If you're not, stop and work on your own happiness! Here's some inspirational images I pulled off of tumblr for your own inspiration.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!



Listen:
Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch
The Wonder Years  - Don't Let Me Cave In
Transit - Listen & Forgive
Ke$ha - Crazy Kids







You Might Also Like

0 comments