MAXXINISTA: What to wear to your formal events in the winter!

November 10, 2012

On Thursday, I went to a job interview at a local TJ Maxx. The day before, my friend Justin and I scoured the racks at the same TJ Maxx. Perhaps for different reasons - he wanted to dress me up, I wanted to get inspired for some winter fashions.

I found the staple trends of this winter - glitter, white, bold colors, and even some lace as well as my new must-have: peplum shirts. Justin threw some clothes at me and urged me to try them on. I was more than embarrassed when I had tell the dressing room lady that I had nine pieces to try on. However, I thought I'd make the most of it and make a post about it.

He found some fabulous pieces for even more fabulous prices. Here they are: 


This fabulous and ultra comfy purple dress with lace detail was originally $36.00, but TJ Maxx did their magic and now it's only $24.99. The black pumps were originally $59.00, but are sold now for $24.99 as well.


Ultra comfy sweater, $19.99, Jessica Simpson jeggings $22.99


Officially obsessed with this shirt, the black detail contrasts with the red for the perfect pop. "mine" shirt - originally $22.00 now $19.99. Lace skirt (which was my sole purchase of the day) Originally $24.00, sold at $16.00 but was MARKED DOWN TO $10.00!


Oops - this one's blurry. Same skirt, but "mine" tank with elegant ruffle and gold detail - originally $18.00 now $12.99.

These looks would be great for fancy events during the winter or any time. Add Hue Tights (http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/hue-tights-opaque-control-top-u4690?ID=98102&PartnerID=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc=LINKSHARE-_-n-_-n-_-n&LinkshareID=QFGLnEolOWg-4r5REQ7Whvq8pq_.5NkP9A),  or an good tights under the white skirt if you get cold.


You Might Also Like

0 comments