Just Some Good News

October 16, 2017

This world is going to hell in a hand basket. I'm stuck in the dichotomy of wanting to stay updated on the news, but also being majorly depressed by the news. The depressing news is just a byproduct of the sad world we live in. What if there we just, for one blog post, or newsletter, focused on some uplifting stories? For every blog post like this, there's a million negative ones. After reading these positive hot takes, you can go back down your rabbit hole of depressing news stories about our impending doom. Fun!

1. Malala Yousafzai Nearly Died For Girls’ Education. Today, She Started At Oxford

photo credit: HuffPost

Found on the Huffington Post good news section, Malala Yousafi is starting her education at Oxford, just five years after she got shot in the head for standing up for education for girls. That's the best kind of irony there.



Enjoy this video of this cat screaming for pure joy when its owner comes home. Why does it seems like its always surprised when its owner finds it? It's DEAF! Doesn't that make it ever cuter? It's ELATED to see its owner for the first time when they come home. This video makes me as happy as that cat is when its owner comes home.

3.  Finding your rap name has never been easier

Photo Cred: PizzaBottle
I first saw this meme was in a Facebook group I'm in for a pop culture podcast. Now, I'm seeing it everywhere. I saw this meme first the morning after a "thirsty thursday", so my rap name is Young Vodka Cranberry. I love it already.

3. Canada introduced gender-neutral passports

Photo credit: The Guardian


As if I didn't need another reason to want to move to Canada....

5. This article, where we find out with parents are the MOST savage, exists

photo credit

You may start rethinking everything your parents say to you.


Wouldn't it be nice if there was a newsletter that's just good news? Well, there will be. To combat this awful world me live in, I'm starting a newsletter called Half Full, that is a curation of good news, memes, reader "stories" and of course, baby animals. Subscribe here to get the inaugural issue.




Never miss a tweet:
My Twitter My podcast's twitter
This blog's Facebook | My podcast's Facebook
Instagram
Sign up for my E-MAIL alerts!

You Might Also Like

0 comments