Podcasts I'm Feeling Lately

January 15, 2017

I'm really into podcasts lately. It's almost taken away from how much I listen to music. Don't get me wrong - I listen to many different artists and still make playlists regularly. Follow me on Spotify here! Podcasts are really therapeutic for me in the same way that watching reality TV is. I can get caught up on someone else's true story - good or bad -  and not worry about my own stressful life. I also like listening to other people's commentaries about topics. It's great ideas for part conversations. You can hear me talking about something I heard about on a podcast at least five times every party.

Also, some podcasts focus just on pop culture and movies. On "Not Too Deep" with Grace Helbig, they did a whole hour-long episode reviewing the movie Krampus scene by scene, and now I feel like I've seen it. Youtuber Mitchell Davis and Producer Jack Ferry are going to start a podcast soon just with that premise. I feel like with podcasts based around pop culture and media, I can be on top of my media consumption without actually consuming it. I can hear the reviews first. Now that you've heard the reasons I'm obsessed with podcasts I'm loving at the moment.



Love comedienne Erin Gibson and actor  Bryan Safi (Alan from Young & Hungry)? Love talking about how the world we live in is an upside down place for minorities, the LGBT community, and any other marginalized population? Tune in to this charming banter between these two hilarious individuals and their guests. This is also becoming a real live TV show on TV Land starting January 17th, 2017 at 10:30/9:30C.




Guy Branum and panelists Wynter Mitchell, Academic Karen Tongson and Digital Strategist Margaret Wappler provide a weekly roundtable about pop culture and media including their favorite jams and what they're all about that week. A new topic every week is discussed such as cooking and reality shows.



 

It's no secret that I am obsessed with realty TV shows. I'm just so nosy and interested in people - it's like anthropology, right? I'm basically the next Jane Goodall. I also love comedy and stand up comedy. I love consuming it as well as producing it - whether it's writing it or performing it. This podcast is a mix of both. Rachel O'Brien is friends with many Vanderpump Rules cast members and she appears on the show sometimes. On this podcast, she discusses life and comedy with fellow comedians.




This is just me indulging my obsession with all the cast members of #PumpRules. She interviews many cast members and talk about pop culture and life. However, she also interviews many interesting other guests such as Kristen Chenoweth. 



This is the first podcast I listened to. This is also the first YouTuber I idolized and looked up to. She's so humble, talented, and self-made  - she's the actress, author, and producer Grace Helbig. On this podcast, she interviews YouTubers and entertainment industry names like Ross Matthews and Mike Rugnetta. However, she doesn't touch just on their life and successes. She asks purely human and odd questions that catch people off-guard and give us insights on how their minds work. 



Never miss a tweet:
My Twitter My podcast's twitter
This blog's Facebook | My podcast's Facebook
Instagram
Sign up for my E-MAIL alerts!

You Might Also Like

0 comments