RECIPE: PASTRY PARTY FAVORS

September 28, 2015

Some people believe in magic, I believe in pillsbury dough crusts. If you're not totally geeking out about them with me right now, then you just don't understand the full amazing-ness of them. They're little wraps of dough that can turn your favorite fillings into amazing pillows of snack heaven. They're SO customizable and SO delicious. Are you a plain jane? Ham and cheese is for you. Are you an Italian stallion? Pesto and prosciutto is your saving grace. Are you too Greek for your own good (me), then spinach and feta it up!

I could literally go on about those forever, so I'll stop my rant there and continue with the recipe. For my birthday party in late August, I wanted to make some cool appetizers, and I simultaneously had a craving for the combination of veggies, meat, cheese, and pillsbury crusts. From my cravings sprung out 24 of these creations of mine. 




I had a vision for one Greek-inspired one and two Italian-inspired ones. I planned on making a pastry with spinach and feta, a pastry with tomato, pesto, and mozzarella, and a pastry with prosciutto and goat cheese. If I had to pick a favorite, it would definitely be the prosciutto and goat cheese one. These are all of my ingredients laid out.


This is your golden ticket: pillsbury crescent rolls.



I put these together like an assembly line. It was the loneliest assembly line ever, an assembly line of one, but I got through. First, I laid out the dough in the triangular format it comes out of the container in. This dough comes in one big rolled up square of dough, and perforated lines creates triangles that can be folded and manipulated to your pleasure.


I then put the filling in the middle. If there is a sauce or pesto I put that first, then the meat or veggies, then the cheese. Next, to folded the triangle edges over the filling so it would bake into a little pastry pocket.



Next, I baked them in a preheated oven until ready.



Ingredients
  • 2 containers of Pillsbury crescent rolls
  • 1 whole tomato
  • 8 slices of mozzarella
  • 8 pieces of proscuitto
  • 8 tbsp of goat cheese
  • 8 tbsp of pesto
  • 1 cup of spinach
  • 8 tbsp feta cheese

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Spray two large baking sheets with spray/olive oil
3. Separate the 24 crescent triangles from the perforated sheet and lay them on the baking sheets 
4. Place the fillings in the triangles
5. For spinach feta: add spinach and feta in the triangles
6. For goat cheese and prosciutto: add goat cheese and prosciutto in the triangles
7. For tomato and mozzarella: add pesto, one slice of tomato, and one slice of mozzarella to the triangles
8. There should be 8 of each to make 24
9. Fold the rest of the dough triangles over the filling
 10. Once the oven is preheated, bake the pastries for 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Make sure cheese is melted and dough is firm. Enjoy!

















Never miss a tweet:
Twitter
Facebook
Bloglovin
Instagram
Pinterest
Sign up for my E-MAIL alerts!

You Might Also Like

0 comments