VEGGIE FRITTATA

May 18, 2015

On Mother's Day, across many households, it's a tradition that the kids and husband make breakfast for Mom. Sometimes, she even gets breakfast in bed. I've made frittatas in the past, so I figured why not repeat the tradition. So, on the Saturday night before Mother's Day, I was up at midnight making this frittata. Best daughter award, am I right?


I just got back from school that day, and I wanted to eat some nutrient-dense veggies to cleanse myself of all of the dining hall food and midnight pizza orders. After my recent trip to Trader Joes, I had recently acquired heirloom tomatoes, spinach, kale, mushrooms, and broccoli. 


Like the other frittata recipes, I chopped up all of my veggies and put them in a medium sized skillet on medium heat, with some EVOO of course.


After my fillers were nice and wilted, I added the eggs to make the body. Since the all of the veggies took up a lot of room, I decided to use eight eggs instead of the six. I also added feta cheese to the mix. I think veggies and feta go wonderfully together.


Again, Jackie was no help, but she sure was cute!


Into the oven it went!


This cooked for 10-12 minutes. After, came out this delicious, bubbling creation!


Everything blended together so perfectly. 



I've always called frittata's an egg pizza, but sometimes I think of it more as an egg salad. Not like the sandwiches, but a hot salad with eggs, cheese, veggies, and meats. Anyone else?


Jackie wanted some... and she eventually got some.


We had turkey bacon and greek yogurt almond poppyseed bread as our sides!





Kale, Broccoli, and Mushroom Frittata

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of kale
  • 1/2 cup of broccoli
  • 1/2 cup of mushroom
  • 8-10 eggs
  • 3 tbsp feta cheese
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350
  2. Chop up your veggies
  3. Sautee them in a medium pan with extra virgin olive oil
  4. Add all of the eggs and cheese to the pan
  5. Place the pan in the oven after veggies are all cooked, cook the frittata in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until it's firm
  6. Enjoy!





Never miss a tweet:
Twitter
Facebook
Bloglovin
Instagram
Pinterest
Sign up for my E-MAIL alerts!

You Might Also Like

0 comments