LIFESTYLE: TWO FUN WAYS TO CHEAT CLEAN

June 17, 2014

I love eating clean... but I like cheating clean even better! I'm obsessed with making "nice" cream. It love it because it's so easy to make... it's virtually one ingredient minus add-ons. My parents are always like "Nikki... you're freezing those bananas again." I can't help myself!

I've been trying to get into recipes lately, so when I was re-stocking the cupboard  the other day I was inspired by some ingredients. Here's what came out of it: a chocolate coconut ice cream, and a chocolate popcorn. Your sweet tooth will thank me!





INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 or 2 frozen sliced bananas
  • a splash of almond milk
  • 2 tbsp. dark chocolate all natural peanut butter or carob chips
  • a handful of coconut shavings
STEPS:
  1. Freeze the bananas for 3+ hours or overnight
  2. Place the bananas, peanut butter or carob chips, and coconut shavings in a blender
  3. Blend on the "milkshake" settings, or any setting but puree or smoothie. It would get too liquid-y.
  4. If needed, splash in some almond mix and mix every few seconds to really get everything all smooth.
  5. Enjoy!
I love nice cream not only because it mimicks delicious ice cream, but because it's not from a bag or box, it's the perfect serving size. You can't see going back for more unless you want to put a lot  of effort into it.




INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cups Boom Chicka Pop
  • 2 tbsp dark chocolate all natural peanut butter
  • 2 tsp. agave nectar
STEPS:
  1. Melt the peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds to one minute.
  2. Put the Boom Chicka Pop into a bag or bowl.
  3. Add in the melted peanut butter and agave nectar.
  4. Freeze until you're ready to dig in.
I am SO obsessed with Boom Chicka Pop. They have many varieties, but I would suggest the sea salt kind here so it can play with the sweetness of the other ingredients. Sometimes sweet and salty is better than sweet and sweet. Boom Chicka Pop is a pre-popped popcorn sold in large bags at most grocers. It's all natural and healthful. It's only 35 calories... PER CUP! Someone has to pull me away from a bag in one sitting. Agave nectar has been my go-to sweetener lately. I've been using it in tea and on yogurt I think it will go well here.

Hope you all enjoy these recipes this summer. Keep them in mind when your sweet tooth calls!

I also love this from shop.com/asimplelife.  
If you're in the kitchen feeling crafty, why not try some juices? 
I have my eye on this juicer on sale here. You can get cash back if you sign up and use ohaixnikay@gmail.com as a reference! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments