Lifestyle: Post-Thanksgiving Munchies

December 02, 2013

After Turkey Day and all of the yumminess of cheat day is over, it's safe to say we can enter a post-cheat day depression after being teased with a day full of fall goodies. This year I made pumpkin cookie-turkey with chocolate chips as eyes and candy corn feathers. They were divine. I also made some clean mashed sweet potatoes, check out the recipe on my my youtube channel
Anyway, after baking for the holidays I thought I'd whip up something for me to bring back to school. I decided to make chocolate walnut banana bars to satisfy any cravings that arise as opposed to sneaking a snickers from the vending machine. As usual all of these ingredients are clean and way more healthful than other processed snacks out there. I got the recipe from instagram.com/bomshellgym, one of my many favorite "fitspo" instagrams. I think I follow more of those than my friends and influencers, oops!


Ingredients:
2 bananas (microwaved)
1 cup of blended oats
1/4 cup of honey
1/2 cup of chunky all natural peanut butter
1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
3/4 tablespoons of chopped walnuts



First, I preheated the oven to 350 degrees, the most important part!

Next, I put 1 cup of old fashion oats in the blender and pulse it on the blend setting until it's the consistency of a flour.

Next, the recipe called to add the rest of the ingredients, but the banana was too hard to mix right in, so I microwaved it for one minute.

After it was done, I mixed the bananas, chocolate chips, walnuts, and peanut butter all with the oats.

The warm banana melted the chocolate and made it look even more delicious!

Finally, I spread the mixture in a tin pan with a layer of pam cooking spray and baked it for 15 minutes.

Oulah! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments