STYLE: 4TH OF JULY OOTD

July 04, 2014

Happy 4th of July, lovelies! #MERICA Am I right? Well, here in the northeaster or the whole east coast for that matter it may not be a sunny 4th. Instead of sunbathing and enjoying white wine spritzer's we'll be rain-watching and grilling inside. Sounds like a dream, right? I really hope it is all a dream so that the whole weekend doesn't get rained out. 
Even if the fireworks are postponed that doesn't mean our cute outfits have to be! 


Here's my 4th OOTD:



Fringe Tank - American Eagle (old)
Dip Dye Shorts - No Boundaries for Wal-Mart $9
Flip Flops - Old Navy $1-$3

Since I won't be leaving the inside this 4th I didn't take much liberty to accessorize. However if I was going out I would wear my hair down with my white flower headband, wear my Alex & Ani and Pandora arm candy, and wear my blue and white Sperry flats.

I am OBSESSED with the fact that I found these dip-dyed red, white, and blue shorts on an impromptu Wal-Mart trip with my mother. They were on final clearance for only $9. They fit perfectly. I can get many uses out of them this summer. This old fringe white tank top from American Eagle is sure to do the trick. Who knows, something may come up though. I'm just going to let the night take me where it wants to.

I also made this delicious Tone It Up watermelon lemonade. It's TIU nutriton plan approved. Lemonade is my all-time favorite summer beverage.



Ingredients:
  •  3 cups of watermelon
  • Juice of 6 lemons – for about 1 cup of lemon juice
  • 3 Tbs Agave or Honey
  • 4 packets of Stevia
  • 4 cups of cold water
  • 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary + extra for garnish
Just mix it all up and refrigerate until you enjoy. For authenticity I mixed it using a big wooden spoon. The subtle flavors of the watermelon and the rosemary mesh well and dull the tartness of the lemon. It's refreshing, delicious, and everything summer should taste like! I know I'm underage... but if I wasn't I would definitely mix this with something and it would make a refreshing alcoholic beverage! 


This is me, my mom, and my boyfriend Andrew after we ran a local 2-mile road race this morning! For me, I used it as a tempo run for summer cross country training. I got a 15:56 overall time and I was very pleased with my 7:30 first mile! This was my mom and Andrews first road race. I'm so proud of them for pulling through and finishing, especially for my mom. She recently lost a ton of weight on weight watchers and she finished after not thinking she would. She's my idol! And of course, Jackie and my dad (who took this picture) was there to support.

Have a wonderful and safe 4th, my lovelies!






You Might Also Like

0 comments