I TRIED HUNGRYROOT FOR A WEEK, AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED

February 12, 2018

Does anyone else get lured in by targeted and Facebook and Instagram ads? I sure do. I can think of three times that they've worked on me - Soylent, Shein and now - Hungryroot. As a person who works in PR and communications, it's very interesting to me to see the strategy behind this, and how it works. 

The fact that I was targeted for these three products tells you a little about me. It tells you that I'm interested in fashion and health. I must've been targeted correctly, because the links enticed me to click. The more I clicked on the ads and went to the websites for the products, the more the ads showed up for me. Not sure if I ended up buying these products because I couldn't bear to see the ads anymore and was too curious, or if I actually wanted them, but I was happy I did.

image credit


I wanted a good way to kick off my new healthy habits in 2018. As you can see from my cleanse blog post, I am really trying hard this year. I'm also still getting used to cooking my own meals. I've always wanted to try a meal kit delivery service, and Hungryroot seemed to be the obvious choice with its healthy, plant-based options.

Hungryroot is a meal kit delivery service with two options - The Good Life and The Starter Set. The Good Life is five meals with snacks and a desert, The Starter Set is three meals. Each meal has two servings. This worked out great for me because I'm only one person, so each meal can be one lunch and one dinner. Some items come pre-packaged and are ready to eat. These are usually lunch items. Most of the meals can be made in 10-20 minutes. Nothing ever takes more than twenty minutes to make with this!

1. Black Garlic Superblend Sautee
This was one of the ones I was nervous about. This meal includes a warm greens mix, a chickpea salad and a dressing. I was surprisingly pleased! Everything is so flavorful with this service!

2. Purple Cabbage Squash Scramble
This meal includes one of the items that attracted me to the service - butternut squash fries. This was so hearty and warm!

3. Cucumber Corn Sweet Potato Chili
It may have been the extra Frank's Red Hot on top of this, but this was so flavorful! I was addicted. I'll definitely re-order this, or make my own dupe.

4. Ginger Tahini Yuba Noodles
I don't know how they do it, but these are carb-free. This with tofu nuggets and snap peas make a delicious stir fry!

5. Banana Nut Brownie Bites
They're not joking about this black bean brownie batter... I'm actually drooling thinking about it. Again - I really don't know how they do it.

6. Sweet Barbeque Chili Jackfruit
This wasn't my first time having jackfruit pulled pork. I've been wanting to make this at home, so I'm glad that this was in my box!

I would say that I would definitely order this again, but I already have! I can't advocate for Hugryroot enough.  Click here to get a discount on your first order!

You Might Also Like

0 comments