LIST: THINGS THAT INSPIRE ME

September 14, 2015

My mind works a little different than many others'. Once someone tells me to do something, I immediately start turning the wheels in my head. I am finishing assignments in my head the moment they're assigned. I usually get my work done early for classes. It sounds like a blessing, but can be a curse. Sometimes, this immediate go-getter attitude can be all too much for me. The gears in my head grind and the thoughts of what to do jam together. That jam is not the tasty kind I like on my bread, it's writers block-flavored jam. However, I've been trying to rely on being more mindful, and focusing on the little things that inspire me. Below I have a list of things that inspire me when I hit said writer's block.

  • Meditate
  • Take a walk
  • Read books and articles 
  • Watch movies, videos,or documentaries
  • Get some exercise/fresh air
  • Sit on a bench and people watch
  • Mess around with singing/guitar
  • Stream of consciousness write
  • Think in the shower
  • Play with my dog
  • Go shopping
  • Take a nap
  • Organize
  • Listen to music
  • Cook

The great Don Draper once said, if you have trouble thinking of an idea, don't think of it for a while, then think, and it'll come to you. That's definitely worked for me, and for all my fellow creative types. Our minds are everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I find myself jumping out of bed to scribble ideas down too often.

Between these things and meditating, my goal is to be like him basically:


Meditating buddha is GOALS! 

What inspires you?




Never miss a tweet:
Twitter
Facebook
Bloglovin
Instagram
Pinterest
Sign up for my E-MAIL alerts!

You Might Also Like

0 comments