RECIPE: CITRUS STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE

August 04, 2015

One of the most go-to flavors involving fruit is strawberry banana. Tart strawberries and tangy bananas soften each other out. I love having this flavor in things purchased in store or over the counter, however when I make myself a strawberry banana smoothie, I find myself disappointed. Of course, however, I always have strawberries and bananas in the house. I was craving a smoothie the other day, and upon reflection of the ingredients of my fridge, I found the answer to my strawberry banana blues: cut it with citrus! The addition of the lemon raspberry yogurt and the limes really make the flavor of this smoothie special.



When I make my lackluster strawberry banana smoothies I usually use a, you guessed it, strawberry banana yogurt. However, I'm glad I grabbed this one this time. It made me take an adventurous path.





The fruits in question: bananas and strawberries. Get ready to experience them like you never have before.


I really think it was the lime that made the difference in this dish. The acidity of the citrus cut the creamy thickness of the yogurt. I added a refreshing bite. It also added air of tropical-ness. 


Ingredients
  • 2 limes
  • 2 banana
  • 4 strawberries
  • 1 package of Chobani 100 raspberry lemon
  • 1/2 cup of almond milk

Directions
1. Slice the banana and strawberries
2. Cut the lime in half
3. Add the yogurt, milk, and berries into the blender
4. Juice the limes over the mixture
5. Blend
6. Enjoy!



Never miss a tweet:
Twitter
Facebook
Bloglovin
Instagram
Pinterest
Sign up for my E-MAIL alerts!

You Might Also Like

0 comments