TORONTO OOTD/PHOTO DIARY

June 08, 2015

Oh, Toronto, for a city I know nothing about I sure learned a lot about you quick. Maybe its your rich history and the fact that you're a huge Canadian metropolis, maybe I'm a quick learner, or maybe it's a combination of all three. Whichever way, my three-day trip to Toronto has left me with a LOT to spill on the blog. Whatever I don't include in this post, I will put in my "_ Things You Didn't Know About Toronto" post, where I will put random tidbits I've learned about Toronto that you won't hear from a tour guide or the history books. The best part? My vacation isn't even halfway over! The rest of the week, my family and I will be spending time in Niagra Falls.

Day 1

The first day was a day of travel. However, it wasn't as bad as other trips I've flown - Greece, Hawaii, Key West - you can imagine. It was a short flight from BOS to BUF (Boston to Buffalo in airport language), just an hour. Then, it was a two hour drive from Buffalo, NY to Toronto, ON. Still not sure if we're allowed to take our rental car over country borders, but ayyyy let's just roll with it. We basically just got settled, ate dinner, then, I had an unexpected adventure I will explain later


Jumpsuit (previously premiered in my Athens OOTD) - Urban Outfitters
Cardigan - Americal Eagle
Bag - Old Navy
Shoes - Payless


My unexpected adventure was meeting up with my old Internet friend, Mackenzie! We met on da Yootoobz and skyped for hours on end in high school. I posted a picture o the CN tower on instagram, and she was like HEY I LIVE HERE. COME OVER, NOW. It was really great meeting her awesome friends and roommates.

Day 2


Day 2 was for being a busy city bee. It included brunch, garden gazing, market hopping, free ice cream, and a sightseeing tour.


Kimono: Forever 21
Crop Top: Forever 21
Joggers: Marshalls 
Shoes: Target
Necklace: Forever 21


Brunch was care of "The Scullery". It's a little coffee shop that serves brunch on Sundays at the corner of Carlton and Ontario st. I like to call this blessed day "Sunday Brunch-day", and this place did not disappoint. I got the "brunch special" which was a poached egg, heriloom tomatoes, and bacon over a spring mix salad. On the side, I got a fruity and nutty carrot-apple muffin. I also got the tiniest macchiato I've ever come across.


After brunch, we visited Allan Botanical Gardens.


A place to sit and think.


The "monkey head" cactus is quite funky.



This double-decker bus was imported from London. When it lets you out, it lets you out on the street because they're used to driving on the other side.


The Toronto waterfront. To me, visiting a city that's main water source is a LAKE is out of this world. Mind you, I live near and work in Boston, and I've never been to Chicago. However, I think it's so cool that its one of the great lakes (Lake Ontario). I've traveled to all these crazy cities across Europe, however I've never seen a great lake until now.


I just really like dogs, okay? I hope Jackie doesn't get jealous.


Day 3


Necklace: Bloomingdales
Sweater: Croft & Barrow (thrifted)
Short: Zara
Shoes: Target


Toronto is a tricky city weather-wise. It's like my beloved New England. As Samuel Morse once said, if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute. I thought it was going to be cold and rainy all day, however it was rainy on and off and not that cold. I planned out this outfit to be the necklace and sweater paired with black jeans and black creepers. However, I changed to the shorts and sandals because of the weather.


The hockey hall of fame! Thankfully, there was plenty of Bruins memorabilia.


My mother is very passionate about hockey.


I switched out of the journalism major but a girl can still dream, right?


To end our sporty day, we saw our first Toronto BlueJays game at Rogers Center! It was SO weird being in a domed baseball park...

Thanks for tuning into part 1 of my Canadian travels! We leave for Niagra Falls tomorrow, so stay tuned for that OOTD and photo diary!




Never miss a tweet:
Twitter
Facebook
Bloglovin
Instagram
Pinterest
Sign up for my E-MAIL alerts!

You Might Also Like

0 comments