Lookalike: Crazy for Carly Aquillino

July 16, 2013

We all know and love her as the way she describes herself, "The girl with crazy colored hair covered in tattoos and the annoying voice." However, we wouldn't want her any other way. If you don't know who Carly Aquillino is, please tune into girl code on MTV. We love her SO much, we want to recreate her look today. After watching her on instagram and on TV, I found her style is similar to mine, a little edgy and cute. Mimicry is the highest form of flattery, it's girl code.

all pictures from instagram.com/carlyaquilino

1. The Outfit
As I said, thankfully Carly and I will have similar style. Maybe some of her charming and absolutely hilarious personality will rub off on me as well? Probably not! Anyway, for the outfit i'll be wearing my favorite purple and distressed high waisted shorts from Urban Outfitters, as well as my "Chill Out" croptop from "freshtops" one of my favorite online stores for crop tops! I figured I'd add a girly touch with the pink hair wrap and an edgy touch with my black crochet toms. I'm wearing my skull bracelet, and as usual my alex and ani bracelet with my pandora. I just left my hair down after it being in a bun. I figured it would be cute with the hair tie, and since she always has luscious curls I thought I'd attempt to recreate them. However, I can't recreate her firetruck chic hair, even though I'd love to. I still live under my mother's roof.

2. The Makeup
As you can see above, Carly is a natural beauty anyway. Her features blend together to make an effortlessly beautiful face. When makeup is used correctly, it can make those features pop. That's why the makeup will be natural with some big highlights. The face is easy, spread on your favorite bb cream and them highlight your cheeks with a bright pink blush. Fill in your brows so that they stand out with your favorite brow pencil. Then, secure them with either brow gel or clear mascara. Next, thickly your upper lash line with Revlon Colorstay eyeliner and wing it out. For Mascara, my favorite is either Benefit's NastyGal or the waterproof Falsies. Apply mascara to your top and bottom lashes. If you want, make your inner corners pop with white eyeliner. Lastly, apply the "Pink Punch" babylips by maybelline for a bright pink lip. 


3. Effortless Hair
I've seen Carly with her hair up and down, but with a color like that it doesn't really matter. Either way, have your favorite hair tie, mine is pink in the add drama that her hair color would normally add. If you're gonna bun it, make it big! If you're gonna have your hair down, make your curls big and luscious.


Aaaannd here's my attempt! If you tried, (which you totally should) then either comment below, message me on youtube, tweet me, or email me at ohaixnikay@gmail.com! Never be shy to contact me! :)




You Might Also Like

0 comments